Emphasis points in resume and sop

tamaghna

Emphasis points in resume and sop

Post by tamaghna » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:54 am

Hi,

I am applying for a phd primarily in condensed matter theory... i have only one publication (J Math Phy) which is in Nonlinear Dynamics and unrelated to condmat... which i understand is important nevertheless and i have placed it at the top of the resume separately for emphasis... i also have a paper presentation submitted recently (for a talk/poster- will know whether its selected on Dec 15) to a national astronomy meeting (not likely to be known by anybody abroad) on the basis of work done in my first projects in astrophysics. Is this important enough for emphasis, since it is not a field i am currently interested in...? I also have presented a talk on my research in a condmat project in an undergraduate research seminar series at my home institution (voluntary talk no selection or anything). Is this important enough for grad admissions to emphasize or should it just go in with the project descriptions?

Thanks,
Tamaghna

TakeruK

Re: Emphasis points in resume and sop

Post by TakeruK » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:07 pm

I wouldn't put publications at the top of a CV/resume. Definitely include it, but do it in a publications section!