Uploading score reports of GRE and TOEFL

ellipse23

Uploading score reports of GRE and TOEFL

Post by ellipse23 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:50 am

During the application process for graduate schools, I have the option of uploading GRE and TOEFL score reports that I 'printed to pdf' from the website. The score reports also show the other schools I sent official score reports to. I was wondering if the admissions committee could use this info and thus affect my chances of acceptance in any way? A little paranoia but could use a second opinion. Thanks.

thehairupthere

Re: Uploading score reports of GRE and TOEFL

Post by thehairupthere » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:52 am

What I did was take a screenshot down to the point just above the list of institutions and converted it to pdf. None of the universities complained about it and I avoided the paranoia :)

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:48 pm

In my year, there was a school that asked for this but I only wanted to send my general GRE scores, not my Physics GRE score---the PGRE was optional for this application. So, I just used Paint to draw giant ugly white box over the subject GRE scores (back then, the PDF version includes all tests taken, maybe that's still true, I'm not sure). Then I added a note on the ugly white box saying that I am not submitting subject GRE scores. I made the box very obvious and ugly to show that I'm not trying to hide the fact that I am altering the document (which isn't an official document anyways).

neuroanatomy

Post by neuroanatomy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:09 pm

What I did was save the full web page, then edit the html contents to remove the parts I didn't want in there, while still leaving the page looking fairly authentic. Save the page as a pdf, and you're done!