I would make sure I at least had the following three books.
- Kaplan GRE Exam 2004 with CD-ROM (isbn=0743241428) - I like Kaplan the best for the general GRE and think you should read their tips for other sections of the exam as well (i.e. not just the verbal section). The CD is also nice because it has some sample adaptive tests that you should get familiar with.
- Kaplan GRE Verbal Workbook, 2nd Edition (isbn=0743230590)
- [isbn=0886852129]GRE: Practicing to Take the General Test[/isbn] - Previously administered exam questions are always an important aspect of GRE preparation.
- [isbn=0375763236]Cracking the GRE, 2004 Edition (Cracking the Gre)[/isbn]
- [isbn=067977890X]Verbal Workout for the GRE Exam (Princeton Review Series)[/isbn]
- How to Prepare for the GRE Test with CD-ROM (isbn=0764176293)