Transcripts

Julius101

Transcripts

Post by Julius101 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:21 am

I am an international freshaman physics and math major at a state university with a relatively new physics program.
As an international student from a low rank university, i do not have oppertunities fpr REUs.(I would be applying though) and my college does not have any research opportunities.
What else can I do other than a good gpa and good pgre scores to get into a gpod graduate program? I am intetested in QFT.
These are the classes they offer and I am taking them all.
Do you think taking all these classes and getting good grades would significantly help my case?

Mechanics
Dynamics
Electromagnetism 1
Electromagnetism 2
Modern physics
Waves and optics
Thermodynamics
Quantum mechanics 1
Quantum mechanics 2
Special relativity
General relativity
Quantum field theory

Math classes

Calculus sequence
Linear algebra
Vector calculus
Differential equations
Intoductory statistics
Topology
Complex analysis
Real analysis1
Real analysis 2
Abstract algebra

coolgeek721

Re: Transcripts

Post by coolgeek721 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:03 am

Yes!The above contents are of paramount importance!Read scientific papers published recently.And upgrade yourself with some advancements in QFT.Understand your college subjects and try to bridge them and QFT which would be a little hard a first!But it makes the subject what it is!For example,I'm an Undegraduate student in Madras University!My field of interest is Cosmology and I was in the same state as you!Now when I got to thermodynamics i had a better understanding on cosmology!Good Luck,SCIFI! (y) (y) (y)