% to GPA conversion

kolahalb

% to GPA conversion

Post by kolahalb » Mon May 10, 2010 2:45 am

Dear Sir,I am in a Indian university and wish to apply for Fall 2011.Can you suggest me how to calculate the GPA (acceptable to US graduate programs) from our % system.I know there are plenty of formulas but I do not know which one is to use...Some of the formulas yield very small GPA~2.5 when the %~60...However,one of my college seniors is in OSU now who says he had <60% marks in MSc years...and that was not a real problem for him...Though I happen to have more than him,I want to know the exact formula they use to get the GPA...

-Thanks in advance,
Kolahal

kolahalb

Re: % to GPA conversion

Post by kolahalb » Mon May 10, 2010 3:58 am

According to this:

http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/percent ... onversion/

there is no way one cancalculate GPA from %age...In India we get % marks inindividual courses and not given credits...In my univ,one gets the credit if one passes the exam...that's all.

arieszen

Re: % to GPA conversion

Post by arieszen » Mon May 10, 2010 10:27 am

There is no need to convert your percentage to GPA. There is an option also while making the online form submission that allows you to fill in your grade/percentage/rank instead of GPA. Also, while asking your recommenders to write a letter for you it would help to ask them to mention your rank in class, especially if you have a good one. or you can submit your certificate showing your rank. As a last option you can mention it in your SOP but a prof's word would count more than yours, remember that.