Grad Schools that do not require Physics GRE score

rita_chandra

Grad Schools that do not require Physics GRE score

Post by rita_chandra » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:16 am

I performed really bad in my Physics GRE test. Can anyone suggest me Grad schools where Physics GRE score is not mandatory. I've looked up a few schools and found that in SUNY, Stony Brook, University of North Carolina and University of Arizona the Physics GRE score is not mandatory.
I would like to know fo a few more where this score is not required!

tnoviell

Post by tnoviell » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:19 am

Depends on what you want to do. I didn't do well on my Physics GRE (I didn't study a bit, though), but I got into Johns Hopkins for biophysics. I would suggest you do a Google search or look up schools you are interested in and check their requirements.

rita_chandra

Post by rita_chandra » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:25 am

I'm interested in Optics. I've been going through the websites of individual colleges but its too time taking. I was hoping if anyone had prior info about this. Of the shortlisted colleges that I'm interested in, only those I listed above do not ask for compulsory Physics GRE score.
Anyway thatnks for sharing your thoughts.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:53 pm

You might consider programs related to physics, like applied physics, which don't require a subject gre (many of the students come from related science or engineering majors). If the rest of your application looks really good, Berkeley has an applied science and technology program that offers an applied physics degree. Cornell and Harvard also have applied physics programs, and I'm sure a google search would turn up some results for other programs.

rita_chandra

Post by rita_chandra » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:42 am

Alright, Applied Physics program sounds nice. Thank you, I'll look more into it.