Length of Degree

kamp

Length of Degree

Post by kamp » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:29 am

Hello,

I am international undergraduate and studying both physics and mathematics. My GPA is 3.90 and I want to apply to best universities in USA. I can finish my studies either in 4 years and 5 years. However, if I plan to graduate in 4 years, I won't have enough time to participate in research groups and improve my standardized tests scores. I have decided to finish my studies in 5 years so I can study more for standardized test such as TOEFL and GREs and of course I would have more chance to participate in research groups. Nevertheless, I have heard it is somehow a weak point to finish your studies in 5 years. Do you agree? What is your idea? Do you recommend me to minor in Chemistry as well and finish my studies in 5 years? Do you recommend me to finish my studies in 4 years?

Any explanations would be appreciated!

Best.

Qwaps

Re: Length of Degree

Post by Qwaps » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:03 pm

The required TOEFL score seems to be laughably low. Also, the relevance of a minor in chemistry would heavily depend on what field you're going to do your PhD. in - it would have very low relevance, if at all, for HEP-Th, for example.