Electrical Engg to Physics

Electrical Engg to Physics

Postby Garfield » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:11 am

Hello All,
I am an Electrical Engineering graduate from National Institute of Technology Durgapur, India. I want to pursue graduate studies in Physics. Based on my background and research experience, I believe AMO, Condensed Matter Physics or Applied physics are most suitable for me. I need help in selecting universities. Below are my academic details:
CGPA: 8.62/10
GRE:154(V)/168(Q)/AWA(not received)
PGRE: 830(76%)

1. “Process Control for Parallel Run of Two Helium Liquefiers at VEC Centre, Kolkata”, Sandip Pal, Umashankar Panda, Rourav Basak, Proceedings of Personal Computers and Particle Accelerator Conference, PCaPAC 2012, Kolkata, India, ISBN 978-3-95450-124-3
Link: http://accelconf.web.cern.ch/AccelConf/ ... author.htm
2. “Novel experimental setup to study the Magneto-Resistance of Semi-conductors and its industrial Application, Rourav Basak, International Journal of Applied Physics and Mathematics, Vol. 2, No. 4, July 2012, by International Association of ComputerScience and Information Technology (IACSIT) Publishing, ISSN- 2010-362X
Link: http://www.ijapm.org/show-32-153-1.html
3. “Optimal Design of a Power Electronic System for Efficient and Reliable Power Flow in Distributed Wind Energy based Power Systems”, Rourav Basak, Sayonsom Chanda, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Software Technology and Engineering ICSTE 2011, by ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) ISBN-13: 978-0-7918-5979-

Projects(Apart from the published):
1. Designing an experimental set-up to study the origination of Plasma
2. Load Flow studies with the help of modern computational Methods such as Fuzzy logic, Artificial neural network, Genetic Algorithm and Particle Swarm Optimization
3. Design of a Non-Contact High Voltage Sensor for installation in ICT enabled-HV lab of NIT Durgapur
4. Robust and Inexpensive Design of an Active Solar Tracker with Microcontroller based Control designed for widespread use

The universities which I have selected(for PhD unless otherwise mentioned) are:
1. Carnegie Mellon University-(Super Ambi)
2. Michigan State University-(Ambi)
3. University of Arizona-(Moderate)
4. North Carolina State University-(Moderate)
5. NYU Polytechnic-Applied Physics-MS(Moderate)

Your suggestions are extremely valuable.

Return to “School Selection”