Hi everyone, it's my first post in this forum! I'm an international student looking for good HEP programs. My ultimate goal is to do HEP theory, but I know it is highly competitive, so I will also go for experiment.
Undergrad Institution: One of the top in Hong Kong
GPA in Major: ~3.6
Overall GPA: ~3.4
Length of Degree: 4 years
Position in Class: top 10-20%
Type of Student: International Male
GRE Scores :
TOEFL Total: 103
- 3 months hep exp at UCB
- 6 months nonlinear optics theory (current)
Awards/Honors/Recognitions: Some exchange research scholarships
Pertinent Activities or Jobs: Teaching at high schools and privately tutoring for two years.
Letters of Recommendation: One from my supervisor in LBNL, two from my current supervisors (two professors)
Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help: No.
Special Bonus Points: Exchange to UCB for a semester? 2 graduate courses?
Any Other Info That Shows Up On Your App and Might Matter: No I guess.
Applying to Where:
All for HEP
1. How strong is my application? Do I stand a good chance for an offer?
2. What schools should I add or drop?
3. While theory is highly competitive, should I indicate both th and exp as my research interests? Or just exp?
4. Is it possible to change subfield or even department in graduate schools?
Really need advice!!!! Please help!!!!