Grad school in Astrophysics?????????????

cosmos23

Grad school in Astrophysics?????????????

Post by cosmos23 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:43 pm

I am a B.Tech graduate (year 2009) in Electronics and Communication and now I am planning for grad school in Theoretical Astrophysics
During my Bachelors , I have gained some research experience (national and international) in Computational Astrophysics along with various conferences and now after my B.Tech , I am working as a project student in Dept of Astrophysics for a year.

Now my problem is that I dont have good grades in my Bachelors , so what should I choose , MS or PhD? If I go for MS , will it be too late if I join after 2 years and are there scholarships for MS? Else If I go for PhD , then can I get some good grad school after performing well in GRE Physics although I dont have good grades?

IAM REALLY VERY CONFUSED REGARDING THIS. PLEASE GUIDE ME REGARDING THIS.
Thank you.

pqortic

Re: Grad school in Astrophysics?????????????

Post by pqortic » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:46 pm

if you don't have good grades it will hurt your application in either way and good gre and research experience will boost your chance. I think its better to go for both and apply for MS and PhD together and see where you can get to. there are Ms programs with funding and we had other topics on doing master. search you will find.