Is is possible to make my decision on the 15th?

basem
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:49 am

Is is possible to make my decision on the 15th?

Postby basem » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Hello everyone, I am wandering whether or not it is possible to accept an offer on April 15th. To be clearer, is the 14th practically the deadline? I would really appreciate it if someone could help. Thanks all.

FNR
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Is is possible to make my decision on the 15th?

Postby FNR » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:22 pm

It is possible... but you are going to make some people REALLY upset. admissionprof could explain that in more detail.

admissionprof
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Is is possible to make my decision on the 15th?

Postby admissionprof » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Of course it is possible to accept an offer on the 15th. It isn't that uncommon, since some places don't hear back from everyone until then, and can't go to their waiting list until then. However, PLEASE, if you possibly can, decide a day or two earlier. We currently have four offers outstanding, two people on the waiting list who would accept an offer if we made one. If a couple of those four wait until the 15th, then we won't be able to decide on the waiting list until then.

People will be mad, but only if you were just delaying a decision---if you get a better offer on the 15th, everyone will understand.

I presume the deadline is midnight at the location of the offering school, but things really do get down to hours. And once the 15th passes, places can make you an offer and demand a definitive answer within hours....

basem
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:49 am

Re: Is is possible to make my decision on the 15th?

Postby basem » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

In fact, I am on the wait list in one of the schools, and the professor there assured me that they will answer me either tommorow or after tommorow. So I was asking whether or not I can wait untill Wed. the 15th to hear back from them and then reply to the other schools.

Again thanks alot and it would be really helpful if you can render more advice.

admissionprof
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Is is possible to make my decision on the 15th?

Postby admissionprof » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:02 pm

basem wrote:Thank you very much for your reply.

In fact, I am on the wait list in one of the schools, and the professor there assured me that they will answer me either tommorow or after tommorow. So I was asking whether or not I can wait untill Wed. the 15th to hear back from them and then reply to the other schools.


Wait a sec. "other schools"? If you currently have offers from more than one, then you should decide between them NOW. The results from a third school will not affect that decision, and you can immediately withdraw from the "loser". In fact, you should even tell the winner that you are waiting to hear from X and that you'll decide as soon as you hear.




Return to “School Selection”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests