High school senior wondering which colleges to apply to

Oscar

High school senior wondering which colleges to apply to

Post by Oscar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:21 am

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and am looking for advice.

So, as the title states I am a high school senior. I am fairly competitive for most colleges, however, unlikely to get into any REALLY good ones such as MIT, Caltech, Ivies. (High SAT, low GPA :cry: )

I am looking for a college that will put me in a position to get into an elite grad school. I know may small, liberal arts colleges are great for undergraduate research, but they usually lack a lot of high level physics courses.

Do any of you know of a college that is both good for research and has high level physics courses? Can any of you tell me about your experience at the college you went/are going to? I am interested in Sting Theory/particle physics if that is of concern.

Any reply/advice would be appreciated, Thank You.

yash_chugh95

Re: High school senior wondering which colleges to apply to

Post by yash_chugh95 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:56 am

Lol when I was of your age I couldn’t get an ‘R’ of Relativity.
But anyway it’s good that you have started thinking about it so early. I must warn you though, that it’s also premature. A lot of changes occur when you are an undergrad. You grow mentally, socially and emotionally. Also, there is a whole lot of physics which hasn’t been introducted to you. So beware before you set your heart on something. Moving on, I am not a native. But I have been following this forum closely for about half a year and been reading a lot. Based on that, I’ve found that your undergrad institution does matter, but not as much as your research experience. Try getting into a college which has great research opportunities. Just research a lot. Publish as many papers as you can. And score between decent-High.