Chances of Admission

Tomtheatombomb

Chances of Admission

Post by Tomtheatombomb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Hello everyone, I have been reading a lot on these forums recently and decided to make a post asking for your advice.

I recently graduated (May 2017) with a B.S. in Physics from a top north east research university known for engineering and am working with a civil engineering firm. I have about a 3.5 GPA, with approx. ~3.3/3.4 in physics, and a ~3.7/3.8 in math courses, and did well in my upper level physics course (quantum, classical mechanics, E&M, and stat-mech). I took the general GRE and received: Verbal - 155 (69%), Quant - 164 (87%), and Writing - 3.5 (42%). I also took the physics GRE and got 680 (46%). I have some research experience in theoretical astrophysics (with the gravitational wave hype train). I also have two letter references that I am very confident will provide a strong argument on behalf as well as one reference that will be strong, but not as strong as the other two.

I am applying to a few schools I know will be a long shot: Stony Brook, Illinois - Urbana, Penn State, and Michigan State. However, I am also applying to schools that I believe I have a good chance of admission: Syracuse, SUNY Buffalo, SUNY Albany, U Delaware

Do I have a chance of getting in to any of these schools?