Hi, It would be extremely helpful if some suggestions and edits are made to the list of universities that I intend to apply.
Undergrad Institution[/b]: Top 20 in India. Good reputation in physics and astro.
GPA in Major:
Overall GPA: 7.8/10
Length of Degree: 4 yrs
Position in Class:
Type of Student: international Asian Male
GRE Scores: revised
P: giving in Oct 2017
TOEFL Total: Giving in Oct 2017
Research Experience: 1) Proect on Ion traps and Guides, Home institute 2 months in First year
2) Indian Academy of Science Summer fellowship, One of the top theory place in India2months
- worked on quantum information theory. Later part was spent in studying topological quantum computation.
3) 2 months internship at one of the Top theory place,
- Topological insulators, quantum disorder.
4) Bachelors thesis, 6 Months at one of the Top theory place
- Topological insulators, 1st Author publication in Physical Review B.
Awards/Honors/Recognitions: 1) scholarship for 4 years in undergraduation.
2) Indian Academy of Sciences Summer fellowship.
Pertinent Activities or Jobs: Organizer of Physics and Astronomy Club.
Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help: Working in a research organisation for 1 year.
Special Bonus Points: Attended grad courses on Field theory, Advanced QM, Algebraic Topology, General Relativity, Condensed Matter Physics.
Applying to Where: Condensed Matter theory, Topological Insulators, Quantum Disorder.