Princeton

fissicksd00d

Princeton

Post by fissicksd00d » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:49 pm

Long time lurker, first time posting (I'll post my stats after this is all over). Based on thegradcafe and all the posts on this forum from the past two years, it looks like Princeton sends out all its acceptance emails at the same time. Does anyone have any evidence to suggest that those of us who haven't heard back yet still have a chance or should I just assume I got rejected at this point?

fermiboy

Re: Princeton

Post by fermiboy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Welcome to the forum fissicksd00d. I didn't apply to Princeton, but I would guess that they send out all their acceptances in one shot. Since they are a top program, I don't think they would use waiting lists. This is all speculation by me, I would suggest calling the admissions people and Princeton and checking your status.

ibbgs

Post by ibbgs » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:58 am

here is some encouragement for those waiting: I got my Princeton rejection by email promptly yesterday, so those people who did not get anything might be in some middle pile still being sorted.

xdebugger

Post by xdebugger » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:59 am

ibbgs, on your profiled you said you applied for EE. You know thats a very different department.

ibbgs

Post by ibbgs » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:44 am

Ya I do, but since both EE and Physics sent their acceptances the same day, I thought they might be working on the same schedule in general.

Geoff Olynyk

Post by Geoff Olynyk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Has anyone else here applied to PPPL? I got a phone call from a researcher there a few weeks ago (had a really cool hour-long talk about the Lithium Torus Experiment) but I haven't gotten any emails this week, acceptance or rejection. I just double-checked my application form and I have the correct email address written down.