Score reporting concerns..!!

siroy.sam

Score reporting concerns..!!

Post by siroy.sam » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:49 am

This question may sound crazy but due to utter ignorance, I am seeking your suggestions. Last year, 2010 without much preparation I gave pgre, gre and toefl tests but to low pgre and gre score I didn't apply anywhere. However, my toefl score was quite okay. At the time of my toefl registration i mentioned four universities for the scores to be sent. This year I will be applying to those same universities where my toefl scores were sent last year. Do I have to ask ETS again for my toefl score to be sent again to those universities that I am applying afresh this year? How is the procedure like?

sarthorks

Re: Score reporting concerns..!!

Post by sarthorks » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:31 pm

I guess the universities keep the scores from the last year, although a score sent two years ago usually needs to be sent again, as very few universities keep records that are two or more years old. Check the websites of those specific universities, and you will probably be able to find a page where they would have mentioned how long do they keep old test scores in their database.

siroy.sam

Post by siroy.sam » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks buddy for your response. I would like to know what others have to say. I tried checking some of the sites of the universities, but its hard to get relevant information referring to score database kept for two years. What do you guys say? Your valuable suggestions are highly appreciated.

TheBeast

Post by TheBeast » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:02 pm

I suggest that you contact the schools directly and ask them what their score retention policy is. I wouldn't be surprised if it varied from institution to institution.