Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

User avatar
WhoaNonstop
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

November 13th Test Scores

Postby WhoaNonstop » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:10 am

Hey Guys, They are up!

890 - 85%

Sucks barely missing the 900 mark, but I am VERY pleased with myself. This is quite a wonderful score coming from Le suck university of mine.

=)

-Riley

RabiFlops
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:31 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby RabiFlops » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:22 am

860 - 82%

EDIT (Dec. 24, 2010):
Score: 860
% Below: 82
Correct: 72
Incorrect: 15
Omits: 13
Formula Score: 68
Last edited by RabiFlops on Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
satyad18
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby satyad18 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:22 am

Guys, What is your raw score? Do you get to know it via phone?

User avatar
WhoaNonstop
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby WhoaNonstop » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:25 am

No, they don't tell you that information via the phone.

Although I would say it is very similar to the October test.

I'd assume it looks something close to this

990 - 95% - 87 RAW
980 - 94% - 86
970 - 93% - 85
960 - 92% - 84
950 - 91% - 83
940 - 90% - 82
930 - 89% - 81
920 - 88% - 80
910 - 87% - 79
900 - 86% - 78
890 - 85% - 77

-Riley
Last edited by WhoaNonstop on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
satyad18
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby satyad18 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:27 am

WhoaNonstop wrote:No, they don't tell you that information via the phone.

Oh! Any guesses for the raw score?

User avatar
WhoaNonstop
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby WhoaNonstop » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:28 am

Look at my edit on the previous post. =)

-Riley

User avatar
satyad18
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby satyad18 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:36 am

WhoaNonstop wrote:No, they don't tell you that information via the phone.

Although I would say it is very similar to the October test.

I'd assume it looks something close to this

990 - 95% - 87 RAW
980 - 94% - 86
970 - 93% - 85
960 - 92% - 84
950 - 91% - 83
940 - 90% - 82
930 - 89% - 81
920 - 88% - 80
910 - 87% - 79
900 - 86% - 78
890 - 85% - 77

-Riley

I correlated this with the October test scores. Seems like they have dropped down by one point, if you are right about the guess.

And congrats by the way! :) Hope Princeton stays on your list now. ;)

User avatar
WhoaNonstop
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby WhoaNonstop » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:06 am

satyad18 wrote:And congrats by the way! :) Hope Princeton stays on your list now. ;)



Yes, Princeton will be staying on my list! Although I still realize the competition will be fairly tough, I feel my score is at least something worth "wasting" the money on for the chance. Plus, there is specific research at Princeton that underlines pretty much all the research I've done as an undergraduate, so I still think there is a chance! Hopefully 890 will get me accepted to Cornell so I can get some free roofies.

-Riley

hamadahoda007
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby hamadahoda007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:37 am

940 (91%)

I am happy :lol: I think a decent score for an international, isn't it?

Gaussian Kernel
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:53 pm

Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby Gaussian Kernel » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:39 am

Scores are out (by phone).
I got 750;65% :cry: . I wonder how much these scores will hurt my chances for applications to top 10 schools, especially since I am Canadian.

ekuphysics
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby ekuphysics » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:44 am

I got a 660, 46%..... thought I did much better, but I guess I was wrong. Still a lot better than my old score of 590, and also not bad taking into account the fact that I have had no classes in Quantum Mechanics. Overall, I think this will get me into about 4 or 5 of the schools on my list. We will see though.

User avatar
satyad18
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby satyad18 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:58 am

WhoaNonstop wrote:
satyad18 wrote:And congrats by the way! :) Hope Princeton stays on your list now. ;)



Yes, Princeton will be staying on my list! Although I still realize the competition will be fairly tough, I feel my score is at least something worth "wasting" the money on for the chance. Plus, there is specific research at Princeton that underlines pretty much all the research I've done as an undergraduate, so I still think there is a chance! Hopefully 890 will get me accepted to Cornell so I can get some free roofies.

-Riley

Being an international student, I really envy you guys who at least think/know they stand a chance at schools I can only dream of! Wish you the best. :)

User avatar
satyad18
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby satyad18 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:05 am

hamadahoda007 wrote:940 (91%)

I am happy :lol: I think a decent score for an international, isn't it?

Yes, if an international student can pull off a 900+, I think its good enough. As for me, "fingers crossed". Will get to know the score only by 24th.

axiomofchoice
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby axiomofchoice » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:36 am

I hate the ETS for wasting my money for only a slightly higher score than my October one :evil: Maybe I should drop a few of my top schools - but then shouldn't I cast a wider net?

vesperlynd
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:28 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby vesperlynd » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:47 am

.
Last edited by vesperlynd on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xbomber88
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby xbomber88 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:11 am

Just got mine back. 950 and 92 percentile

vbk5mnnit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby vbk5mnnit » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:41 am

Got 800 73%....Can Any one tell me will this Score work as i am having no Research Exp in Physics

vbk5mnnit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby vbk5mnnit » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Got 800 73%....Can Any one tell me will this Score work as i am having no Research Exp in Physics

User avatar
satyad18
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby satyad18 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:13 pm

vbk5mnnit wrote:Got 800 73%....Can Any one tell me will this Score work as i am having no Research Exp in Physics

People will be better able to judge if you update your profile in the 2011 admissions thread.

kammyuce
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby kammyuce » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Can anyone tell how international students can see their scores..
country : India

vbk5mnnit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby vbk5mnnit » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:19 pm

You Can call them on the Number 1-609-771-7290 or 1-888-473-7267
Have the following information ready:

* Registration number, Social Security number, or confirmation number
* Test date
* Date of birth
And Credit card also You have to pay 12$ then you will get your result...I am also Indian called just 1 hr Ago...Got 800

kammyuce
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby kammyuce » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:24 pm

I am not able to connect the call...
Is this an international number...
I only have my cell right now...

User avatar
kubikat
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby kubikat » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Just talked to the lady and she told me I got 820, 76%... I am foreign but studying in the US for Bachelors... :/

kammyuce
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby kammyuce » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:48 pm

i got an 840...
:(

skcush
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby skcush » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:37 pm

890, 85%

no raw score given

entanglement
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby entanglement » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Comment Removed!
Last edited by entanglement on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tdmorri
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby tdmorri » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:59 pm

I got 860, 82nd percentile. Pretty good I guess.

badphysicist
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby badphysicist » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:09 pm

520 - 13% bring in the rear!

going to be redo my application next year most likely

idontknow
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:35 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby idontknow » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:41 pm

840 - 79% - I wish it was better, but cannot help being happy about it

User avatar
kubikat
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby kubikat » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:45 pm

idontknow wrote:840 - 79% - I wish it was better, but cannot help being happy about it


Haha that's exactly how I feel with my 820.

GravitatisVis
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby GravitatisVis » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Am I calling the right number? I get no answer from 1-888-473-8333, which is listed under Phone Services for Scores at http://www.ets.org/gre/subject/scores/get
Last edited by GravitatisVis on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vesperlynd
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby vesperlynd » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:19 pm

.
Last edited by vesperlynd on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larry burns
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby larry burns » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:38 pm

.
Last edited by larry burns on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

connorl
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby connorl » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Is anybody just being told their general test scores when they call in?

badphysicist
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby badphysicist » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:59 pm

larry burns wrote:
idontknow wrote:840 - 79% - I wish it was better, but cannot help being happy about it


Exactly what I got

So if I order the score reports NOW to schools I'm applying to, will those schools receive the subject scores? Or will it still just show just the general scores? (and I have to wait another couple weeks before the score reports show the subject scores?)



When you order scores to be sent ets gives you an option to choose the general, subject, or both scores to send. So you can order them to be sent now (I had ordered them a few weeks ago).

vesperlynd
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:28 am

Re: November 13th Test Scores

Postby vesperlynd » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:43 pm

.
Last edited by vesperlynd on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larry burns
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby larry burns » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:44 pm

badphysicist wrote:
When you order scores to be sent ets gives you an option to choose the general, subject, or both scores to send. So you can order them to be sent now (I had ordered them a few weeks ago).


Yeah I know. But if you ordered them a few weeks ago, even if you chose the subject scores to be sent, only the general scores would show up, as the subject scores weren't determined yet (unless you're talking about Oct or before).

So thats why I'm asking if you order them right now, if the subject score will show up or not?

badphysicist
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby badphysicist » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:17 pm

larry burns wrote:
badphysicist wrote:
When you order scores to be sent ets gives you an option to choose the general, subject, or both scores to send. So you can order them to be sent now (I had ordered them a few weeks ago).


Yeah I know. But if you ordered them a few weeks ago, even if you chose the subject scores to be sent, only the general scores would show up, as the subject scores weren't determined yet (unless you're talking about Oct or before).

So thats why I'm asking if you order them right now, if the subject score will show up or not?


If you mean will the online ets show you your "unofficial" scores. No, they won't do that. They want your $12 to make the phone call.

larry burns
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby larry burns » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:46 pm

No. I was wondering if I send my scores out NOW to, say Stanford, and I chose for them to receive both my subject and general, I wanted to know if Stanford would actually SEE both my subject AND general scores. Previously, even though selecting 'subject' score was an option when sending out scores, if I orderd the score, say, last week to Stanford, they would've SEEN only my general, NOT my subject, as it would just show up blank. I was wondering if I sent them out right now, would they SEE the actual score I got for the subject GRE.

badphysicist
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby badphysicist » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:14 pm

larry burns wrote:No. I was wondering if I send my scores out NOW to, say Stanford, and I chose for them to receive both my subject and general, I wanted to know if Stanford would actually SEE both my subject AND general scores. Previously, even though selecting 'subject' score was an option when sending out scores, if I orderd the score, say, last week to Stanford, they would've SEEN only my general, NOT my subject, as it would just show up blank. I was wondering if I sent them out right now, would they SEE the actual score I got for the subject GRE.



As far as I understand it, if you choose both options ets will wait until both scores are available before submitting a report to the schools that you are sending your scores.

hubris
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby hubris » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 pm

i cant get my scores via phone and im about to have another nerddraggeeeeeeeeeeee

hubris
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby hubris » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 pm

am entering the international code wrong?
+1 and phone number i ve been spamming

altizzle
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby altizzle » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Hubris, the +1 is already included in the +1888 number.

hubris
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby hubris » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:00 pm

710 rage.
oh well here it comes i wont get any acceptance.
gradute programs in my country are not satisfactory
it seems only option for me is to join the army.
at least i can kill some people.

User avatar
WhoaNonstop
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby WhoaNonstop » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:42 pm

hubris wrote:at least i can kill some people.


I was hoping this option was available in graduate school. Any graduate students care to comment? =)

-Riley

CarlBrannen
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby CarlBrannen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:32 pm


Kaumz
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby Kaumz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 am

In my GRE account it says that subject scores have been sent to the 4 universities on Dec 11th. But the scores are not yet updated in my account. Is this normal or is there some problem?

axiomofchoice
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby axiomofchoice » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:05 am

Kaumz wrote:In my GRE account it says that subject scores have been sent to the 4 universities on Dec 11th. But the scores are not yet updated in my account. Is this normal or is there some problem?


No problem. Only reason that you can't see your score online now is ETS wants your $12.

Kaumz
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby Kaumz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 am

axiomofchoice wrote:
Kaumz wrote:In my GRE account it says that subject scores have been sent to the 4 universities on Dec 11th. But the scores are not yet updated in my account. Is this normal or is there some problem?


No problem. Only reason that you can't see your score online now is ETS wants your $12.


Thanks for the info. I'd rather wait. :D

99Smith
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:07 am

Re: Nov. 13, 2010 Physics GRE scores

Postby 99Smith » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:11 am

badphysicist wrote:
larry burns wrote:No. I was wondering if I send my scores out NOW to, say Stanford, and I chose for them to receive both my subject and general, I wanted to know if Stanford would actually SEE both my subject AND general scores. Previously, even though selecting 'subject' score was an option when sending out scores, I Delete Duplicate Files if I orderd the score, say, last week to Stanford, they would've SEEN only my general, NOT my subject, as it would just show up blank. I was wondering if I sent them out right now, would they SEE the actual score I got for the subject GRE.



As far as I understand it, if you choose both options ets will wait until both scores are available before submitting a report to the schools that you are sending your scores.


Good Keep It Up I Too Will Try to Get Scoring .....




Return to “Scores and Score Reporting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest