Sending the scores very early for fall 2010

mikkey

Sending the scores very early for fall 2010

Post by mikkey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:12 pm

I am planning to apply for fall 2010. I took the physics GRE in October 2008. I am planning to retake the physics GRE in April 2009. However, I thought of sending my GRE scores to all the institutions before I take my April exam, because If I screw my April exam, I don't want the scores of the April exam to be reported to the institutions.

So If I send my scores now and apply in November 2009, Is there a chance that the institution will disregard my scores since I have sent in the scores too early ?. I called ETS today, and they said that the best time to send in the scores is after you fill up your application. But then why should the ETS provide four free score recipients for the April exam ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

zxcv

Re: Sending the scores very early for fall 2010

Post by zxcv » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:14 pm

If you've prepared well I doubt there is much risk in sending your April scores.

You could probably get away with sending your scores now, but since the current admission season is not even over yet, you run the risk of them being misfiled or discarded. I would generally wait until fall before sending scores.