GRE score report but no application

astro_ice

GRE score report but no application

Post by astro_ice » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:40 pm

ETS lets us select four free score reports before the actual test to send to four universities. If we chose the universities to send the reports to, but decided to not apply to them anymore after the test, what happens? Do we email them to say ignore the report, or will they do it automatically?
Thanks in advance for any info.

TakeruK

Re: GRE score report but no application

Post by TakeruK » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:20 pm

I did this (took test months before applying and then changed my mind). You don't have to do anything. Generally, schools will link a score report with an application after you initialize one and provide the info necessary to do the link. If you don't submit an application, then the received score report just won't link to anything.

I am not 100% sure but based on some conversations with admissions staff, it sounds like there isn't a physical score report so it's not like anyone needs to manually sort your report somewhere. It's all electronic and goes into a database which only gets linked after an application is created. So if you don't send anything, I'm sure the score report just lives there until it expires (5 years).

astro_ice

Re: GRE score report but no application

Post by astro_ice » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:07 am

Thank you!