Schaum's Outline of Theoretical Mechanics

spiffer

Schaum's Outline of Theoretical Mechanics

Post by spiffer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:32 am

I'm trying to get a copy of the book:

"Schaum's outline of theory and problems of theoretical mechanics : with an introduction to Lagrange's equations and Hamiltonian theory" by Murray R. Spiegel.

Apparently it's out of print. Is anyone selling or can anyone lend me a flashlight as to how I might be able to get an electonic copy? I've had a browse through a copy from the library and am convinced I need a copy of my own.

Grant
site admin

Post by Grant » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:45 pm

Hi spiffer, If this the the book you are talking about i think there are some copies for sale on Amazon marketplace (i.e. used).
[isbn=0070602328]Schaum's Outline of Theoretical Mechanics[/isbn]

BTW, All the Murray Spiegel books I have read have been excellent.

spiffer

Post by spiffer » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:31 am

Thanks for your attention to the post, Grant.

I visited amazon.com and did at some point see the same entries that suggest 3 booksellers have the book (used and new) in stock. However, upon ordering the transaction would eventually get cancelled for reason that the book is out of stock.

Anyway there was an individual I eventually got selling what must have been a personal copy on amazon.co.uk but for a price that I had been hesitating to submit to prior to making the above post. Convinced that there won't be other copies flying around I acquired the book two days ago.

And yes, the few of books by Spiegel I have browsed through have been impressive.