Time of day for Physics GRE test

Harrietphysics

Time of day for Physics GRE test

Post by Harrietphysics » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Hello,

I wanted to know if the Physics GRE exam tends to be held in the morning/afternoon of the test day?
I'm looking to take the September exam in NYC but have a flight on the evening of the exam and want to make sure I'll be able to make my flight!

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

Harriet

TakeruK

Re: Time of day for Physics GRE test

Post by TakeruK » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:51 pm

Every single administration of the test that I have looked into has set it at 8am local time. I've taken it twice, in 2009 and 2011. Perhaps things have changed since then though. When you book your test, it will tell you the time though.

Note a few useful logistics things:

1. Locations may change at the last minute. At my second exam, it was listed at some building on a University campus. When I got there, there was a sign saying it's in [other building name]. Since it was not my university campus, and it was Saturday morning, I had no idea where that was and it was hard to find the new place. Luckily I had arrived 1 hour early so I had time to figure it out.

2. All the subject exams happen at the same time in the same place. So the room will be filled with exam takers of all subjects!

Harrietphysics

Re: Time of day for Physics GRE test

Post by Harrietphysics » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks so much for your help :)