I have recently joined this forum
It feels nice to join this intellectual community of PhysicsGRE forum
I have recently completed Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
and am quite passionate about Physics. I've been quite fascinated and intersted in Physics & Astronomy since my childhood.
I will like to try for fall 2006 admission
I have a small query/problem regarding the score reporting dates. I'd be grateful if you
reply and answer my query.
The query is :
Can the score of GRE Physics subject test be reported a few days after the application submission deadine ?
Which offering of Physics GRE subject test is ideal for fall admission? April / November / December ?
I specifically want to know that is it o.k. to take the November 2005 offering of the GRE Physics subject test,
for being considered for admission in fall 2006
or will it be too late ?
Because the score reporting date for November test is somewhere in December end, and it might be possible that
the scores might reach you a few days after the application submission deadline.
Does that decrease the likelihood of receiving financial aid ?
is taking the Subject test in November 2005 adequate for fall 2006
admission, or do I need to take it even earlier i.e. April 2005 ?
The biggest problem I'm facing is that in my country ( India ) the GRE Subject Test
is held only once an year ( in November only). The test centers are not open on all the three dates, they are scheduled only for November test
So, if I want to appear for the Physics GRE Subject Test in April 2005, I have no other option except to go to
some other nearby foreign country where the test center is scheduled for April 2005 test.
Going to another country will be an expensive exercise.
some universities also have deadlines around 15th December. What about them?
Do they accept November test scores, which are reported around last week of December
If appearing for Subject test in April 2005 for fall 2006 admission really does give an extra edge
or some substantial advantage
or an increased probability of receiving financial aid then only I should be taking it in April 2005( assuming that all other factors like scores, LOR's SOP's remain the same )
else I can better postpone till November and even prepare in a better and detailed manner
Please give your opinion and guidance regarding this dilemma