Applying for a GRE supplementary testing centre

SamPR

Applying for a GRE supplementary testing centre

Post by SamPR » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 am

Does anyone here know anything about the applying for a supplementary testing center for a paper-based subject test? I live in Australia, over 1500 miles from the nearest testing center, and it's difficult to travel that distance during term time, particularly as the test date is very close to my university exams.

Has anyone successfully applied for a supplementary test center? Anyone unsuccessful? Did they give a reason?

I guess I'm trying to figure out what my chances of a successful application are. Also, my university is happy to help administer the test, but they want to know what is required of them during the process.

I've tried the ets website, as well as phoning them, but the response I got (over the phone) was "I don't know, no one ever asks for those!"

Any info would be very much appreciated.

SamPR

Re: Applying for a GRE supplementary testing centre

Post by SamPR » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:37 am

Update (maybe someone might find it useful one day)

Sent ETS a letter explaining the situation and a letter of commitment from a professor at my university, along with the completed application forms.

Within a week ETS contacted the professor to set things up (although it took almost two months for my confirmation letter to arrive).

So I guess if you need a supplementary testing centre, they are possible.

I answered some more questions about it here (although the person that asked the questions has deleted their posts).

Edit: Fixed the URL