Tips to find Gre: Practicing to Take the Physics Test

Grant
site admin

Tips to find Gre: Practicing to Take the Physics Test

Post by Grant » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:41 pm

It is very difficult to find the following book at a reasonable price:
[isbn=0886851971]Gre: Practicing to Take the Physics Test[/isbn]

Here are some tips that others have shared that may help you gain access to these problems. (Please add to this thread with any tips or suggestions you may have)
  1. Ask your fellow students if they have a copy you can borrow
  2. Ask graduate students if they have an old copy you can borrow
  3. Check your school library
  4. Check your school's inter-library loan to see if other school libraries have a copy of the book
  5. Check local community libraries
  6. Find a rich uncle who or somebody who can afford the outrageous prices that people pay for that book and then buy it
  7. Write a letter to ETS and ask if they can waive the copyrights on the book so that others can make it free to download (i.e. I would be more than happy to get a copy and scan the entire book and make it free to download but I can't because of my concerns about copyrights)

cavemanzok

Post by cavemanzok » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:36 pm

Does anybody know if there are detailed solutions for the practice tests out there? I know there are answers listed in the back but it would be very usefull if there was some sort of solution guide describing a good way of approaching the problem as opposed to just computing it directly. I doubt anything like this exists but I figured it was worth a try.

-Caveman :roll:

kooki33

Answers

Post by kooki33 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:37 am

Hi all

We at the physicsgre yahoo group are solving all the exams and are trying to post detailed solutions to each question. Please join our group and get access to these. We have an almost 80% complete solution of 9677.

to join go to groups.yahoo.com/physicsgre

Thanks
Pinkesh.