Online practise questions for Physics gre

phdphysics

Online practise questions for Physics gre

Post by phdphysics » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:39 am

hi guys... I am giving my gre physics this nov..Are there any sites where we can get a few questions for practising for the exams. I am not following any book and just doing my college notes. :( Is that enough..Now I dont even have time....

What topics should I give more stress on..

quizivex

Re: Online practise questions for Physics gre

Post by quizivex » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:10 am

phdphysics wrote:I am giving my gre physics this nov..Are there any sites where we can get a few questions for practising for the exams.
It's a good thing I don't own a cat or I'd pick it up and throw it across the room.

dlenmn

Post by dlenmn » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:32 pm

phdphysics wrote:I am giving my gre physics this nov..Are there any sites where we can get a few questions for practising for the exams.
Suppose quizivex picked up a cat and hurled it with an initial velocity of 10 m/s at an angle of 45 degrees from the horizontal. Why is the cat in the air for longer than you've spent actually looking for practice problems?

trani

Post by trani » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:24 am

Suppose quizivex picked up a cat and hurled it with an initial velocity of 10 m/s at an angle of 45 degrees from the horizontal. Why is the cat in the air for longer than you've spent actually looking for practice problems?
Haha :lol: I love it! (I followed the link just out of curiosity, don't tell the cat about it... )

Helio

Post by Helio » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:12 am

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/undergrad/ugs_gre.php

Enjoy....

i mean the question would be better formulated.... a cat of mass m is attached to a string and collides and sticks to a dog mass 2m hanging from string... how far will the cat-dog system rise