Didn't receive question booklets after registration yet

ananthu

Didn't receive question booklets after registration yet

Post by ananthu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 am

Hi all,

I have been told by many that ETS mails those previous years question papers as booklets after you register for the test. It's been 1 week and I haven't received any notification or booklet for the Physics GRE yet.Sure, I could download those from their site as PDF and take the prints but that would be a waste of money and time considering I have to take all those 5 practice tests. It's that I need them in Physical form so that I can mark the questions and jot down any relevant details.

How did you guys manage to get it from ETS? Where can i get them?

TakeruK

Re: Didn't receive question booklets after registration yet

Post by TakeruK » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:17 am

They usually come along with your paper registration ticket. I registered in 2011 so I have no idea if they still issue paper registration tickets. However, it took way more than 1 week to receive mine....probably around 3 weeks. But mail from USA to Canada is often slow.

ananthu

Post by ananthu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:10 pm

TakeruK wrote:They usually come along with your paper registration ticket. I registered in 2011 so I have no idea if they still issue paper registration tickets. However, it took way more than 1 week to receive mine....probably around 3 weeks. But mail from USA to Canada is often slow.
But did you receive notification of any sorts? Like they will be arriving on so and so dates? I registered for the exam online but there wasn't any mention of question booklets being sent via mail..

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:07 pm

Yes, when I registered and paid for the test online, I got an email from ETS confirming my registration. I searched my email history to find this email and I got a message that said:
Individuals who register for a Subject Test will be mailed a free practice book for the specific discipline. This free material can also be downloaded at to www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare and www.ets.org/gre/subject/prepare.

It can take up to four weeks to receive the test preparation material after you make your test appointment or after your registration materials are received at ETS. Failure to receive the test preparation material does not warrant a test refund or free test date transfer.
(This was part of a very long email with tons of confirmation info and test details). I guess if you have not received a receipt for your payment or any communication from ETS, I would say you should log into your ETS account and see if the registration actually happened. Check your credit card statement to see if they charged you. If things appear to be wrong, contact ETS to confirm that they actually received your registration.