Getting RA funding before joining

• As many already know, studying for the physics GRE and getting accepted into a graduate program is not the final hurdle in your physics career.
  • There are many issues current physics graduate students face such as studying for their qualifier, deciding upon a field of research, choosing an advisor, being an effective teaching assistant, trying to have a social life, navigating department politics, dealing with stress, utilizing financial aid, etc.

P-representation

Getting RA funding before joining

Post by P-representation » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Last edited by P-representation on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andromeda

Re: Getting RA funding before joining

Post by Andromeda » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:51 am

1) It might be an issue with the spam filter (this does happen at universities!). Consider writing from another address, or ping the secretary/ whoever your contact person is in said dept asking them to reply to you... if they don't it's the filter.

2) Just write again with your original email below your new one, saying something on the lines of "hi I wrote you last week but did not receive a response, and was wondering whether you've given this any further consideration." Profs are busy people and often lose track of queries like that in my experience, so I'm sure a few of them are just in that category (assuming #1 isn't true!).

I mean if you're already accepted they want you to be there, so I wouldn't assume they hate you or anything like that.