Help with high school physics

• As many already know, studying for the physics GRE and getting accepted into a graduate program is not the final hurdle in your physics career.
  • There are many issues current physics graduate students face such as studying for their qualifier, deciding upon a field of research, choosing an advisor, being an effective teaching assistant, trying to have a social life, navigating department politics, dealing with stress, utilizing financial aid, etc.

azdave

Help with high school physics

Post by azdave » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:04 pm

I personally have not been involved with physics for quite some time. My son is a freshman in high school and gets most of it but certain areas are giving him such problems that he is considering dropping the course. He does not want a tutor as he has been a straight A student for years so he is not interested in some other student teaching him. Any advice on what I should do? I know this is very basic for this web site but I thought I might as well ask the experts. Thank you in advance.

blackcat007

Re: Help with high school physics

Post by blackcat007 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:47 am

You can encourage him to form study groups with his classmates, they won't be teaching your son, but discussing each others' problems, this might help him to revive his interest and promote understanding of the difficult areas.