Any suggestion for references and material here?

• As many already know, studying for the physics GRE and getting accepted into a graduate program is not the final hurdle in your physics career.
  • There are many issues current physics graduate students face such as studying for their qualifier, deciding upon a field of research, choosing an advisor, being an effective teaching assistant, trying to have a social life, navigating department politics, dealing with stress, utilizing financial aid, etc.

FNR

Any suggestion for references and material here?

Post by FNR » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Dear everyone,

as I am about to decide in the next month or two, I want to review some literature to better prepare myself before studying at Grad Schools. Could you recommend me some material that I should read before studying there?

My research supervisor suggested that I learn more about modern spectroscopy facilities, including synchrotron (worldwide), x-ray absorption, x-ray magnetic circular dichroism, optical ellipsometry, x-ray photoemission spectroscopy, ultra-violet photoemission spectroscopy, resonant soft x-ray scattering, pulsed laser deposition, molecular beam epitaxy, and various spectroscopy techniques. :roll:

You could recommend the Introductory references for Undergraduate level, or more advanced material for Graduate level. I'm going to check them both. Also, there might be some MIT open course that might be useful to read for this whole Nanotechnology concept. Could you all recommend me which MIT course I should read? Which ones?

cheers!!
FNR :P