The new latest posts and latest topics features

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

Grant
site admin

The new latest posts and latest topics features

Post by Grant » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 pm

I've had the new latest posts and latest topics features ready to launch for some time, but I haven't launched them because I wanted to improve upon them first. However, after many months sitting on them I thought it best to go ahead and launch what I have so visitors can benefit from them while I figure out what I need to do to make them better. Please don't hesitate to share feedback on how you think they can be improved.

Catria

Re: The new latest posts and latest topics features

Post by Catria » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:47 pm

You used MathematicsGRE.com to refine the "Latest Posts" feature... but is there a reason why "Latest Topics" wasn't implemented on that site as well?

Grant
site admin

Re: The new latest posts and latest topics features

Post by Grant » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:13 am

Catria wrote:You used MathematicsGRE.com to refine the "Latest Posts" feature... but is there a reason why "Latest Topics" wasn't implemented on that site as well?
MathematicsGRE.com is just one forum (as opposed to many forums like on physicsgre.com) and that one forum on MathematicsGRE.com is basically a "latest topics" page.