Visa-foreign student

  • Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:45 am

Visa-foreign student

Postby aquarius » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:02 am

Hi everybody,

I am applying to graduate schools in USA in EECS, after a few years being teacher in France. I am married since december, 2nd 2006, and I would like my wife to come with me in USA. She is currently completing a MBA in international trade, and she wants to work there. If I chose a F1 visa, she won't be able to work right ? So, what should I do ? is it true that with a J-1 visa (which would grant my wife the opportunity to work as a J-2) I would have to come back immediately after completing my PhD ? What are my other options ?

Return to “Physics Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests