What in the world were they thinking?

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

What in the world were they thinking?

Postby HappyQuark » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:53 am

I'm applying to Brown U and in making sure I've turned everything in, I stumbled across their FAQ page

This has got to be one of the most annoying and unnecessarily tedious FAQ pages ever made. Why do I have to click on the question in button form so that a pop-up window can answer the question, at which point I have to close the window and move on to another question button. I don't usually bitch about small things like this but is it really too complicated to use capital letters Q and A and maybe bold the question.

Q: Why is the FAQ page on Brown Universities website such crap?
A: Because somebody just discovered HTML buttons!

Re: What in the world were they thinking?

Postby WhoaNonstop » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:53 pm

They are testing your perseverance in wanting a position in their program. By the way, I will be sending that application in as well today.

Re: What in the world were they thinking?

Postby axiomofchoice » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:11 pm

If using Internet Explorer 7 to view this page, a better viewing experience will be had using Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Safari or Opera..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure even IE1 will handle those buttons and pop-ups just fine. Plus, what's up with that awkward passive voice "...a better viewing experience will be had..." and the dangling modifier?

Return to “Physics Lounge”