Help regarding Electrodynamics

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

nafiz

Help regarding Electrodynamics

Post by nafiz » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:45 am

I am taking a course in Introductory Electrodynamics which is 6 months long. I am using Griffith's Electrodynamics book. My question is how much should I learn from this book as an undergrad? Which chapters should I try to finish cause I can't finish them all within 6 months? Which problems should I try to solve as some problems seem too difficult? Please give me guidance.

pmb

Re: Help regarding Electrodynamics

Post by pmb » Sun May 15, 2016 5:27 am

nafiz wrote:I am taking a course in Introductory Electrodynamics which is 6 months long. I am using Griffith's Electrodynamics book. My question is how much should I learn from this book as an undergrad? Which chapters should I try to finish cause I can't finish them all within 6 months? Which problems should I try to solve as some problems seem too difficult? Please give me guidance.
I don't understand why you need to read the entire text in 6 months. It'd be a bad idea to think that you shouldn't read what you're not required to read. I recommend finishing the course then read what the course didn't cover when the course is finished. Most of my knowledge in physics came after I finished college and what I was able to finish in graduate school.