pgre scores

  • If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

mahima
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:50 pm

pgre scores

Postby mahima » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:24 pm

I have a question regarding my Physics GRE exam scores. I took this exam two times before and scores of recent exam(10/13/12) is exact with the one, which i took it first time(11/12/2011).how come two different exam came with the same scores?
My question to you is- Is there any way i can appeal to check my scores again, may be you guys can double check my exam scores in database ?
Last edited by mahima on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blighter
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby blighter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:45 pm

please shed some light on how was the oct 2012 exam? I am taking the test in NOV. IS nov test will come similar to the oct one?


Something doesn't add up.

which i took it first time(1/12/2011)


Was PGRE held in January in 2011?

mahima
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby mahima » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 pm

sorry first one i took in nov 2011

blighter
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby blighter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:06 pm

I was referring to this post of yours. You say that you are going to take the November 2012 PGRE test. If you took the November test, the results haven't come out yet and you're still seeing your previous scores.

mahima
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby mahima » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:24 pm

i took both, oct 2012 and nov 2012 both...i also took nov 2011 but with no prepartion. please try to answer my ques instead of searching my previous posts.
my oct2012 and nov 2011 scores came out exactly same. this is the thing wondering me. In nov2011 my prepartion was bad, but in oct 2012 i study and covered pretty much all of the material. but still i got 530 in both the exams

blighter
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby blighter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:48 pm

mahima wrote:i took both, oct 2012 and nov 2012 both...i also took nov 2011 but with no prepartion. please try to answer my ques instead of searching my previous posts.
my oct2012 and nov 2011 scores came out exactly same. this is the thing wondering me. In nov2011 my prepartion was bad, but in oct 2012 i study and covered pretty much all of the material. but still i got 530 in both the exams


I didn't mean to nitpick, but the whole thing just confused me. As for your question, there is no possibility of getting your test revaluated. I'm sorry. Just hope that your November test turns out fine. Good luck!

Not sure if relevant, but I have known people who've scored low despite being really good. Their problem lay with the fact that they skipped a question and continued marking the subsequent questions without skipping the corresponding slot in the answer sheet. That can really mess things up.

Minovsky
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby Minovsky » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 pm

I think you can get ETS to grade your test by hand. It costs a little bit of money and what ever the regraded score is, you have to keep even if it is lower. It also takes some time, which may delay getting scores sent to schools.

blighter
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby blighter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:00 pm

OP, I think you should write to ETS enquiring about your options.

fizzax
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby fizzax » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:09 am

I also got the same exact score and percentile for my April 2012 and October 2012 test. I'm guessing it's just a coincidence, but if you figure any thing out OP I would like to hear if they messed anything up.

greatspirits
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby greatspirits » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Did anything ever come of this for the original poster or others? I had some delay in getting my scores for Nov 2011 exam. I also took the exam in Nov 2008, and right now it is showing the same score for each test. This doesn't really make any sense to me either. I was not prepared at all for the 2008 exam, have since gotten MS in Physics, and prepared quite well for 2011 exam. I also answered about 1.75 the amount of problems on 2011 exam, so getting the same score seems a little bizarre to me. I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch so to speak.

Minovsky
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby Minovsky » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:44 am

greatspirits wrote:Did anything ever come of this for the original poster or others? I had some delay in getting my scores for Nov 2011 exam. I also took the exam in Nov 2008, and right now it is showing the same score for each test. This doesn't really make any sense to me either. I was not prepared at all for the 2008 exam, have since gotten MS in Physics, and prepared quite well for 2011 exam. I also answered about 1.75 the amount of problems on 2011 exam, so getting the same score seems a little bizarre to me. I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch so to speak.


Have you tried contacting ETS about the issue? I think that's the best course of action to answer your concerns.

blighter
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby blighter » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:56 am

You could try getting it hand scored.

http://www.ets.org/gre/subject/scores/get/

greatspirits
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Re: pgre scores

Postby greatspirits » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Minovsky wrote:
greatspirits wrote:Did anything ever come of this for the original poster or others? I had some delay in getting my scores for Nov 2011 exam. I also took the exam in Nov 2008, and right now it is showing the same score for each test. This doesn't really make any sense to me either. I was not prepared at all for the 2008 exam, have since gotten MS in Physics, and prepared quite well for 2011 exam. I also answered about 1.75 the amount of problems on 2011 exam, so getting the same score seems a little bizarre to me. I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch so to speak.


Have you tried contacting ETS about the issue? I think that's the best course of action to answer your concerns.




You are probably correct, but... I've been in contact with ETS so much lately I can't bear the idea ...might wait till next week or have it hand scored.




Return to “Physics GRE Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests