books to refer

  • If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

skanda9051
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 am

books to refer

Postby skanda9051 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:34 am

hi everyone i am going to graduate this year and aiming to write GRE 2013. Problem is i have bunch of different author books so i confuse which one to follow, is there any standard book so i can refer..... thanks in advance

bfollinprm
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:44 am

Re: books to refer

Postby bfollinprm » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:17 pm

skanda9051 wrote:hi everyone i am going to graduate this year and aiming to write GRE 2013. Problem is i have bunch of different author books so i confuse which one to follow, is there any standard book so i can refer..... thanks in advance


Halliday and Resnick is a good starting point, as mentioned many times on this forum. This book is such a popular introductory textbook in physics they should come out with the parody textbook Halliday, Resnick, and Zombies. The zombies can be Feynman and Dirac, but not Einstein, because his brain was cut out of his body and stored in a jar, and everyone knows you can't raise a zombie from a brainless corpse. Actually, just wait to take the GRE until that book comes out, it's bound to be way better.

adityarangarajan
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:15 am

Re: books to refer

Postby adityarangarajan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:20 am

i have a.p french for vibration and waves, but would my time be wasted studying the whole book? is everything in that book required for gre physics? somebody please help me out. thanks

gracebland
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:37 am

Re: books to refer

Postby gracebland » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 am

Hi friend,
Halliday and Resnick is good one as a primary reference. Bet better you refer an expert without wasting time while reading the whole book

blighter
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: books to refer

Postby blighter » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:04 am

gracebland wrote:Hi friend,
Halliday and Resnick is good one as a primary reference. Bet better you refer an expert without wasting time while reading the whole book



Who are you? Why are you doing this?

20130710
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:51 am

Re: books to refer

Postby 20130710 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:04 pm

bfollinprm wrote:Halliday and Resnick is a good starting point, as mentioned many times on this forum. This book is such a popular introductory textbook in physics they should come out with the parody textbook Halliday, Resnick, and Zombies. The zombies can be Feynman and Dirac, but not Einstein, because his brain was cut out of his body and stored in a jar, and everyone knows you can't raise a zombie from a brainless corpse. Actually, just wait to take the GRE until that book comes out, it's bound to be way better.



I completely agree...this book is great. but mine is too old. i mean it was published in 1960. and some stuff that has been discovered lately is missing. is there a new version or u r talking about this one?




Return to “Physics GRE Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests