must write test GRE - please advise

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

Novneet.Sume

must write test GRE - please advise

Post by Novneet.Sume » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:07 am

Hello, I am a year three international studnet who wishes to complete a physics PHD in the US. They said I must write test GRE. Some people say it's on the computer but some say its on paper. CAn you choose which kind? Does it vary by country? Where can I do this in India? Sincerely, Novneet

Grant
site admin

Re: must write test GRE - please advise

Post by Grant » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:18 am

I suggest you visit:
http://www.ets.org
They said I must write test GRE
This sounds like just the general GRE. The general GRE is very different from the various subject tests. Some programs require just the general GRE and some programs require the General GRE and a particular GRE subject tests. For example, most physics schools require the "general GRE" and the "GRE subject test in physics". However, for example, engineering schools just typically require the general GRE. You want to visit the ETS website and find out more. If you do happen to find out that you need to take the GRE subject test in physics (i.e. if you are applying to physics graduate school) then come back to our site for preparation advice.

If you visit the ETS website and look into registering then they tell you all the dates and test locations. I am pretty certain they have test centers in India.